- Project Truck Country Freightliner Service Center
- Location DeForest, Wisconsin
- Type of Precast CarbonCast High Performance Insulated Wall Panels
- Project Size 105,000 sq. ft.
- CarbonCast Surface Area 33,356 sq. ft.
- Architect Korb & Associates Architects
- Engineer Pierce Engineers
- Contractor Beaudry Services
- Owner Truck Country of Wisconsin Inc.
- Precaster Mid-States Concrete Industries
The nation’s largest Freightliner dealer group, Truck Country in Deforest, Wis., wanted to expand its services with a new service center more than twice the size of the existing facility in an economical way on a short schedule.
Precast concrete wall panels and hollowcore plank on a steel frame were used to construct the 105,000-square-foot center. The hollowcore plank helped facilitate more open interiors for the bays, providing a perimeter mezzanine for office space. The wall panels provided fast erection and were cast as site work and steel framing was erected, so they could begin installation as soon as the site was ready. The panels feature a gray finish with decorative reveals and will be painted white when the building is complete.
The precasters’ flexible casting capabilities allowed them to accommodate changes to the construction schedule, storing products and staging them as needed for the erection.