- Project Steiner Studios
- Location Brooklyn, New York
- Type of Precast CarbonCast High Performance Insulated Wall Panels
- Project Size 38,500 sq. ft.
- Architect Howell Rusk Dodson, Architects
- Contractor Choate Construction Company
- Precaster Metromont
The $2.35 million project used 4” x 4” x 4” CarbonCast High Performance Insulated Wall Panels due to their sound/acoustic performance and ability to reduce exterior noise.
The building is a hybrid of typical warehouse construction (precast walls and long span steel joists) for the sound stages and all precast construction (precast walls, floors, stairs) for the support areas. 160 pieces and 59,000 square feet of precast were used. Simple, plain gray exterior with no reveals, exterior caulked joints and a washed face were used.