- Project Sandy High School
- Location Sandy, Oregon
- Type of Precast CarbonCast High Performance Insulated Wall Panels
- Project Size 310,000 sq. ft.
- CarbonCast Surface Area 40,000 sq. ft.
- Architect Dull Olson Weekes Architecture
- Engineer KPFF Consulting Engineers
- Contractor Hoffman Construction
- Precaster Knife River
The 310,000-square-foot Sandy High School is located in the growing community of Sandy, Ore. The design team and school district were looking to incorporate as many sustainable features as possible. For a portion of the exterior walls, they found that the most cost-effective and efficient option was CarbonCast High Performance Insulated Wall Panels. The 140 CarbonCast panels gave them a fully insulated, low-maintenance and aesthetically pleasing option for the exterior of the building. The precast panels also had to incorporate the “Sandy Style” design standard of the local community. They featured a custom stone liner at the base of the panel and a shiplap liner for the upper portion.