- Project Martin Army Community Hospital
- Location Columbus, Georgia
- Type of Precast CarbonCast Insulated Architectural Cladding
- Project Size 745,000 sq. ft.
- CarbonCast Surface Area 210,000 sq. ft.
- Contractor Turner Construction
- Precaster Metromont
The Martin Army Community Hospital located at Fort Benning Army Base in Columbus, Ga., used 9″ thick CarbonCast Insulated Architectural Cladding for the exterior of the hospital. The original concept called for C-GRID CarbonCast panels to provide continuous insulation and was designed with an R-value of R-12 that exceeds code by 50 percent. This eliminated the need for batt or other insulation inside the wall system.
The structure’s finish consists of a white cement and light-colored aggregate with a sandblast mix. A total of 1,230 pieces, comprising 210,000 square feet of architectural precast concrete were erected.
In addition to the architectural precast, two 1,000 car parking decks were furnished and erected with the same architectural finish on the exterior spandrels and walls.