Honoring President Lincoln with a novel Graphic Concrete treatment
- Project Lincoln Museum and Library Addition and Renovation
- Location Harrogate, Tennessee
- Type of Precast Graphic Concrete
- Project Size n/a
- Architect McCarty Holsaple McCarty
- Owner Lincoln Memorial University
- Precaster High Concrete Group LLC
The museum expansion features a new exhibit on the ways Americans have commemorated Lincoln through sculptures, art, prints, souvenirs and more. Thousands of items like these were stored in the museum because of lack of space to display them. The project also features an exhibit on the early history of the Lincoln Memorial University and the founding of the museum.
Visitors are welcomed by an elegant Graphic Concrete portal featuring an image of the President and text from the Emancipation Proclamation.