- Project Hempstead High School
- Location Dubuque, Iowa
- Type of Precast CarbonCast High Performance Insulated Wall Panels
- Project Size 141,209 sq. ft.
- CarbonCast Surface Area 59,400 sq. ft.
- Architect FEH Associates
- Contractor Conlon Construction
- Owner Dubuque Community School District
- Precaster Mid-States Concrete Industries
The $30 million Hempstead High School addition and renovation includes a new auditorium, gymnasium, locker and weight rooms, classrooms, art and music rooms, food prep/dining areas, and offices. The use of precast concrete allowed construction to persist while school was in session.
59,400 square feet of CarbonCast High Performance Insulated Wall Panels (251 pieces) were used. Structural/insulated precast wall panels provided a R-values ranging from R-12 to R-15. Use of 2 custom form liners from US Form Liner, different reveal patterns, multiple colors and finishes provide dramatic and unique fluted designs.