- Project Gus Garcia Middle School
- Location Austin, Texas
- Type of Precast CarbonCast High Performance Insulated Wall Panels
- Project Size 160,000 sq. ft.
- CarbonCast Surface Area 52,280 sq. ft.
- Architect Pfluger Associates
- Engineer Bartlett Cocke
- Precaster Heldenfels Enterprises, Inc.
The Austin School District’s Gus Garcia Middle School features 52,280 square feet to CarbonCast High Performance Insulated Wall Panels configured for R-9 insluation.
The 160,000 square-foot, 66-classroom school designed by Pfluger & Assoc. exceeds energy code requirements by 25 percent, which earned it a Green Building of America Award. It featured a hard wall painted interior finish for durability and easy fit-out.
The CarbonCast High Performance Insulated Wall Panels were fabricated and erected by AltusGroup member, Heldenfels Enterprises, Inc.