- Project Government Services Administration (GSA)
- Location Savannah, Georgia
- Type of Precast CarbonCast High Performance Insulated Wall Panels
- Project Size 35,870 sq. ft.
- CarbonCast Surface Area 25,892 sq. ft.
- Precaster Metromont
The Government Services Administration (GSA) building located in Savannah, Ga., is a 35,870-square-foot structure with 25,892 square feet of CarbonCast High Performance Insulated Wall Panels with C-GRID carbon fiber grid, non-load-bearing walls. The building was designed with high insulation power, giving a minimum R-value of R-12 with about 20% of the precast walls receiving an R-18 due to a special cooling requirement.
The structure consists of two colors of precast with random board finishes. The architect first considered a tilt-up design for the walls, but C-GRID panels outweighed this design in terms of environmental and erection advantages. The use of precast panels ensured easy control over the wall panel schedule and the fast erection of the panels cut 20 days from the original job schedule.