- Project Georgia Data Center Addition
- Location Alpharetta, GA
- Type of Precast CarbonCast High Performance Insulated Wall Panels
- Project Size 60,000 sq. ft.
- Precaster Metromont
Metromont designed wall panels capable of handling wind loads of up to 150-mph and impacts from wind-borne debris. The 9-inch-thick panels feature an exterior and interior 3-inch wythe of concrete sandwiching 3 inches of insulation. Carbon-fiber reinforcement acts as a shear connector between the inner and outer wythes of concrete and ensures edge-to-edge insulation.
The exterior façade was designed to match the existing building and features an off-white mix with a light sandblasted finish. The interior wythe is a traditional gray mix with a steel troweled finish ready for paint.
Ventilation ducts and other penetrations were needed in some of the panels, requiring blockouts that were worked out in advance. Many of the vents were hidden around 3- to 4-foot-tall medallions and emblems that were cast into the panels as decorative elements.
A precast structural framing system allowed for long, open spans on the lower level with office spaces along the perimeter. Precast double tees served the joint function of supporting the raised-flooring system used on the lower level while providing structural support for overhead cabling trays
- Total Precast Construction
- 60,000 sq ft; 317 pieces
- Field-topped double tees, columns, girders, stair boxes and steps
- 9″ Thermal efficient insulated wall panels
- CarbonCast technology provides edge-to-edge insulation
- Wall panels feature off-white mix with a light sandblasted finish
- Designed to match existing building
- Back side of wall panel is traditional gray mix with a ready to paint, steel-troweled finish