The only thermally efficient architectural panel on the market, CarbonCast® Insulated Architectural Cladding offers weight reductions of about 40% compared to solid, 6″ thick precast and is engineered to deliver insulation values of R-8 or more.
With a design based on the extensively tested CarbonCast High Performance Insulated Wall Panel, it is intended for horizontal and vertical placement as a non-load-bearing spandrel or column cover.
Lightweight (and durable) precast walls
CarbonCast Insulated Architectural Cladding features inner and outer wythes 1-¾″ thick and up (depending on reveal depth) for a total concrete thickness of 3-½″ or 40% less concrete than a conventional 6″ precast panel. The wythes sandwich a layer of insulation, usually 2″ or more depending on R-value demands. Less weight allows you to save money on superstructure and foundation, transportation and crane costs.
Continuous insulation for energy saving
C-GRID® shear trusses connect the inner and outer wythes of concrete. CarbonCast Insulated Architectural Cladding can also incorporate C-GRID into the exterior face should concrete cover requirements—such as deep reveals—limit the use of welded wire mesh.
The negligible thermal conductivity of C-GRID enables continuous insulation to meet ASHRAE 90.1 requirements and delivery insulation values starting at R-8 with two inches of EPS insulation.
Additional features and benefits
- Dry, mold-free and non-combustible. CarbonCast panels have no voids or cavities where air or water can combine to support mold and mildew growth. The inherent fire resistance of concrete provides additional peace of mind.
- Designed for comfort. Very little sound is transmitted through the walls, limiting the intrusion of exterior noise. And the lack of cold spots provides a more comfortable environment.
- Pre-finished on the inside wall. They can be ready for paint or wall covering and are ultra-durable.
- Code compliant. They’ve received an evaluation report (ESR#2953) from ICC Evaluation Service (ICC-ES).
- Aesthetically versatile. Select from hundreds of pigments, aggregates, textures, surface treatments, formliners and embedded finishes like thin brick, medallions and tiles to meet nearly any design vision.