The only thermally efficient architectural panel on the market, CarbonCast® Insulated Architectural Cladding offers weight reductions of about 40% compared to solid, 6″ thick precast and is engineered to deliver insulation values of R-8 or more.
With a design based on the extensively tested CarbonCast High Performance Insulated Wall Panel, it is intended for horizontal and vertical placement as a non-load-bearing spandrel or column cover. Learn more and earn 1 AIA CEU/HSW with our AEC Daily online course.
Lightweight (and durable) precast walls
CarbonCast Insulated Architectural Cladding features inner and outer wythes 1-¾″ thick and up (depending on reveal depth) for a total concrete thickness of 3-½″ or 40% less concrete than a conventional 6″ precast panel. The wythes sandwich a layer of insulation, usually 2″ or more depending on R-value demands. Less weight allows you to save money on superstructure and foundation, transportation and crane costs.
Continuous insulation for energy saving
C-GRID® shear trusses connect the inner and outer wythes of concrete. CarbonCast Insulated Architectural Cladding can also incorporate C-GRID into the exterior face should concrete cover requirements—such as deep reveals—limit the use of welded wire mesh.
The negligible thermal conductivity of C-GRID enables continuous insulation to meet ASHRAE 90.1 requirements and delivery insulation values starting at R-8 with two inches of EPS insulation.
Additional features and benefits
- Dry, mold-free and non-combustible. CarbonCast panels have no voids or cavities where air or water can combine to support mold and mildew growth. The inherent fire resistance of concrete provides additional peace of mind.
- Designed for comfort. Very little sound is transmitted through the walls, limiting the intrusion of exterior noise. And the lack of cold spots provides a more comfortable environment.
- Pre-finished on the inside wall. They can be ready for paint or wall covering and are ultra-durable.
- Code compliant. They’ve received an evaluation report (ESR#2953) from ICC Evaluation Service (ICC-ES).
- Aesthetically versatile. Select from hundreds of pigments, aggregates, textures, surface treatments, formliners and embedded finishes like thin brick, medallions and tiles to meet nearly any design vision. Or create an iconic exterior with our Graphic Concrete imaging technology.